Have you tried any of these recipes?

Have you tried any of these recipes? If you have, please leave a comment to let me know how it worked for you and if you suggest any changes!

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sweet Dessert Guacamole a la Mexique

I did it! And it is GOOD.

I happen to live in a neighborhood of chic and inventive restaurants. Lucky me! One of my favorites is Mexique, a wonderful little Mexican-French restaurant with a great staff and fun, original food (get the duck for dinner or the huaraches de camarones for brunch). I have finally cracked the code though, of their unique dessert guacamole. It is surprisingly simple and I thought it would take several tries. I have four avocados left. Come by, and I bet you can convince me to make another batch!


Surprise all your friends -
A guacamole dessert
Will leave them speechless!

Ingredients:
  • 2 small avocados
  • 3 - 4 Tbsp whipping cream
  • 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
  • Juice from 1/4 fresh lime
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • strawberries
  • tortilla chips, bread, or any other vehicle to consume this deliciousness
  1. Peel, pit, and slice avocado into bowl of food processor.
  2. Add whipping cream, powdered sugar, lime and cinnamon and blend until a creamy consistency.
  3. Serve with a side of strawberries and chips.
That is IT. It definitely serves more than one - but I will finish it - have no fear!
.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm I have been looking for EVER for a way to incorporate the unsaturated fat and creamy texture of avocados into a dessert! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it. Soak your extra strawberries in cointreau and you'll be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails