More inventive fare
Sweet Potatoes and Quinoa
For veggie burgers
- 1/2 cup of lentils, dry
- 1/2 cup quinoa, dry
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- one medium onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the lentils until soft (can/should be done in advance).
- Microwave or boil the sweet potatoes until soft and mashable.
- Cook the quinoa in 3/4 cup water for 10-12 minutes over low heat.
- Combine the lentils, mashed sweet potato (yes - go ahead and mash them), and quinoa in a medium sized bowl.
- Saute the onion in a bit of olive oil.
- To the medium bowl, add the onions, the grated carrots, the spices and the ketchup and stir thoroughly. Make into patties and fry on a griddle or in a large pan.
This burger is excellent with a field green salad and a tasty gin drink called the Everest.
Recipe adapted from http://livlovelaugh.wordpress.com.