I tried this recipe with Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free flour and it worked quite well!
What is not to love?
Holiday Crescent Cookies
Good for the Spirit.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the extracts and mix.
- Add the flour and almond flour. Mix thoroughly. Dough should be slightly crumbly, but I find it is helpful to add a couple of tablespoons of warm water at this point and continue mixing.
- Take a generous tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a small ball. From there, roll it between your hands and pinch the ends a bit to shape it into a crescent.
- Place onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until a lightly golden brown.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a bowl and carefully, after cooling them briefly, one at a time place the cookies in the sugar bowl and cover with sugar.