Decadent and sweet
Not TOO bad for you!
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 bananas
- 2 tsp sugar
- half a fresh lime (lime juice in a bottle is not a good substitute)
- one fresh orange
- coconut ice cream (optional)
- butter cookies (optional)
- Heat a sauteing pan over medium heat and add the butter. Let rest 30 seconds and swirl around to coat the pan.
- Slice the bananas in half and then lengthwise to make four pieces. Lay all eight pieces in the butter and let them sizzle for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of sugar and turn over, adding more butter if necessary.
- Sprinkle the other side with sugar and the juice from half a lime.
- Keep cooking and turning until both sides are slightly brown and crispy. Remove bananas to bowls and turn off heat.
- Immediately squeeze the juice from one orange and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan with the orange juice. To reduce the juice, heat slowly, or just pour over the bananas as it is.
- Add a scoop of coconut ice cream and garnish with a butter finger (or mint, pictured here).