- 1 lb fresh angel hair pasta
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 2 cups diagonally sliced fresh asparagus ( 2-inch pieces)
- 1 ½ quarts fresh morel mushrooms, halved and cleaned
- 6 Tbsp cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- ½ tsp black pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a large serving bowl and keep warm.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, add olive oil and shallots; sauté for 30 seconds. Add asparagus and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in morels and cook 1-2 minutes or until softened.
- Drain asparagus-mushroom mixture, reserving juices.
- Add the mixture to the pasta and return the juices to the skillet. Cook to reduce by ¾. Add butter, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir into pasta mixture with the chives, pepper and salt.
- Garnish with chives and serve.
I used a tad less butter and added just a wee bit of white wine. I also sprinkled parmesan cheese on top with the chive garnish. Don’t look at how much I used. You’d prefer less. I’m addicted.
Recipe found at culinarycafe.com.