Nutty chocolate bark
Now my new favorite breakfast
With a cup of tea
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp dried mulberries
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp coffee beans, coarsely chopped
- pinch of kosher salt
- Grease a baking sheet, and line it with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a large stainless steel bowl placed over simmering water in a pot. Make sure the bowl is not touching the water to keep the chocolate from scorching.
- Add the cardamom, and stir to dissolve for a couple of minutes. Turn off the heat, and stir in half of the mulberries, cherries, almonds and pistachios.
- Remove the bowl from the heat, and dry the bottom with a towel.
- Pour the chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet. With an offset or rubber spatula, spread the chocolate in a wide rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with the remaining nuts, dried fruit, and the coffee beans, and press them gently into the chocolate. Dust with the salt.
- Cool in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, until hard. When firm, slide chocolate onto a cutting board, and cut or break it into pieces. Keep it refrigerated until just before serving.
Recipe taken from YogaJournal, December 2013.