- 2 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, vegetable broth, or water
- 3 small green zucchini, julienned
- 3 small yellow zucchini, julienned
- 1/4 cup jullienned fresh basil
- 5 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and saute until the outside is golden and the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon into a bowl, cover to keep warm and set aside. Drain all but 1 Tbsp of oil from pan.
- Add butter to pan. Add shallot and saute until it becomes soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth; then add zucchini and saute for about 3-4 minutes or just until soft. Remove from heat.
- Add chicken and basil, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Divide among four individual dinner plates and top with the crumbled goat cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe from Mariel's Kitchen.