Creamy Corn Pasta
A delicious July meal
When everything's fresh
- 6 ears of fresh corn, shucked, with the kernels cut off the ear
- 1 large shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- 1 pint heavy cream
- fresh thyme
- Heat a large skillet, add butter (approx 2 Tbsp), add shallots. Saute the shallots until they are translucent and aromatic. Add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add half of the corn to the pan and stir. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the rest of the corn and the cream until blended thoroughly.
- When the corn is softened and some of the kernels are more golden, add the red pepper flakes, black pepper and fresh thyme to taste. I'd add a dash of salt as well.
- Prepare the noodles according to the package directions. (I like the King Soba Pumpkin Ginger Rice noodles for a gluten-free option with a great kick that complements this recipe.)
- Combine the creamy corn with the sauteed corn and heat, stirring until heated through and reduced a bit.
- Serve by topping a heap of noodles with the creamy corn.
I got the idea for this recipe from my mom who found herself with an absolutely gorgeous and robust bouquet of corn from a farmers market recently. From what I hear, this recipe saves well for days!