Who doesn't like cheese?
Why not try a new method -
And enjoy it MORE!
- 1 4oz log of goat cheese, frozen
- 1 shallot
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Olive oil
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced shallot (separating each ring) and cook until shallot is glistening, and starting to brown.
- Remove from heat, drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Cut goat cheese log into four pieces (1 oz each).
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and cover a piece of the goat cheese in egg.
- Dredge the same piece in panko crumbs, being sure to cover it completely.
- In a pan with heated oil, immediately start frying the panko covered goat cheese, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- On a serving plate, drizzle honey, sprinkle fried shallots, and top with fried goat cheese. Drizzle a bit of honey on top and serve immediately!
The next time I make these, I think I'll keep the goat cheese soft and try it without the egg. (I like fewer steps). I also think I'll sprinkle them with freshly ground pepper before drizzling them with honey. I also might make a honey-balsalmic sauce for the plate. I'll let you know how it turns out!
Recipe from East Village Kitchen.