The cafe down the street from me makes some fabulous sandwiches with really great ingredients and I've been enamored with their turkey sandwich for a while now. The trouble is, it really depends on who makes it. So, from now on, it's going to be me!
When the cravings strikes -
Crusty bread, tasty toppings -
Make me a sandwich!
- White bread, two slices
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tsp horseradish
- Thinly sliced turkey
- Avocado (about half of one small)
- Tomato (ripe, juicy)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- NSoften the cream cheese approximately 15 seconds in the microwave and whisk the horseradish in, making a thick, smooth cream sauce.
- Toast the bread. On one side of the bread, spread the horseradish cheese spread. Top with very thinly sliced tomato and black pepper.
- Layer thinly sliced avocado on the other piece of bread. Top with turkey. Put the sandwich together, cut on a diagonal with a serrated knife (to avoid pressing all the ingredients out the side of the sandwich) and devour!