I'm pleased these days by the number of burger places opening up that have really wonderful ingredients and a fresh take on this typical American meal. Rockit Bar and Grill is one such place (and their fries and bloody mary's aren't too bad either!)
Anything with brie
Makes a really fancy dish
Even a burger
- Lean ground beef (grass fed) or bison (1/2 lb per person)
- brie (3 oz per person)
- fig preserves (1 Tbsp per person)
- black pepper
- stone ground brown mustard
- I'm sure you already know how to make burgers. So, do what you normally do! But mix the fig preserves in with the ground beef and form into patties. Add a little black pepper and maybe some salt to make a nice crust.
- Grilling the burgers are the best, but pan frying them will do as well. As soon as they're just about done (I recommend medium-rare to medium) top each with a bit of brie and let it just melt.
- Serve with arugula and stone ground brown mustard.