What a perfect super-food
Creative to boot!
- lentils (approx 1 cup)
- garlic (1 clove)
- corn tortillas
- carrots (approx 1 cup)
- chipotle chiles or peppers (in a can)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 medium roasted tomato
- plain yogurt
- Parmesan cheese
- Rinse, soak and cook the lentils, over medium heat in enough water to cover them, approx 45 minutes.
- Put one small tomato, or half of a medium tomato in the oven to roast (on foil on a cookie sheet at 375F for 25 minutes).
- When the lentils and tomato are nearing completion, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil and warm. Add chopped onions and cook until transparent.
- Grate carrots in food processor and add to onions in the pan. Chop, grate, or process tomato and chiles and add to carrot mixture.
- In a clean, dry pan, heat corn tortillas. Top one tortilla with lentil mixture, carrot mixture, dabs of plain yogurt and grated Parmesan cheese.
- This is excellent with homemade salsa (while you're roasting tomatoes - why not?).