- 3 large tomatoes, on the vine, from your yard, or heirloom. Flavorful.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- corn tortillas
- fresh mozarella
- crushed red pepper or reconstituted ancho chilis
- greek-style yogurt
- 1 avocado
- olive, canola, or sunflower oil
For the salsa:
- Cut three large tomatoes in half and place on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Put in the oven at 375F for 20 - 25 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine tomatoes, 4 cloves of garlic, a pinch or two of salt, and a dash of cumin.
- Heat a frying pan. Add 1 Tbsp oil and heat 30 seconds. Add 1 corn tortilla. Top with cheese and red pepper and another corn tortilla. Press lightly and fry 2 minutes.
- Flip, and fry 3 minutes more.
- Flip one more time to get your very own personal favorite crispiness.
- Remove to a plate and top with yogurt, salsa, and avocado.