One time an eighties cartoon
Always a dessert
- Strawberries frozen or fresh, 1 tsp sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered psyllium husk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice, plus some extra
- Whisk flour, baking powder, psyllium, sugar, salt, and baking soda in large bowl until combined. Add butter to flour mixture, breaking up chunks with fingertips until only small, pea-size pieces remain.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg, oil, and lemon juice until combined. Using rubber spatula, stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture until thoroughly combined and no flour pockets remain, about 1 minute. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let batter rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Defrost the frozen strawberries or slice the fresh strawberries. Set aside.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place inside of second baking sheet. Using greased 1/3-cup dry measure, scoop heaping amount of batter and drop onto prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining batter, spacing biscuits about 1/2 inch apart in center of prepared sheet.
- Bake until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through baking. Transfer sheet to wire rack and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Put half of the sliced strawberries in an oven-safe dish, sprinkle with 1 tsp of sugar, and put in the oven while the biscuits cool to bring out the juices and slightly soften (approx 15 minutes). Toss the remaining strawberries with the remaining lemon juice.
- Whip the cream with vanilla to taste.
- Mix the sweetened baked strawberries and the citrusy fresh strawberries together, including the juice.
- Serve each plate with one biscuit, surrounded by strawberries, topped with vanilla-whipped-cream and dusted with powdered sugar.
Biscuit recipe taken from America's Test Kitchen How can it be Gluten Free Cookbook.