Have you tried any of these recipes?

Have you tried any of these recipes? If you have, please leave a comment to let me know how it worked for you and if you suggest any changes!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Eat your Brussels Sprouts

"Boy, I need something warm and fragrant, and healthy, and filling to eat right now.  Something that I can cook quickly and season with whatever I have in my house."  I have just let you into my thoughts of late morning on my day of hibernation.  Imagine my delight when I remembered that I had Brussels sprouts in the house!  

A versatile vegetable, Brussels sprouts are said to help reduce cholesterol, protect against certain cancers, combat inflammation, and contain lots of fiber.  They grow like mini-cabbages on a stem and are in season in late Autumn/early Winter.

Steamy Brussels sprouts
Gluten-free mini-muffins
Perfect late-night snacks

Today I prepared mine simply:

Ingredients
  • As many Brussels Sprouts as you can eat
  • A sprig or two of Rosemary
  • Enough good quality olive oil to drizzle over the sprouts
  • Parmesan or Romano cheese
  1. Wash the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellowed or wilted leaves.
  2. Trim the ends, and cut an X into the bottom of each sprout to allow them to cook evenly.
  3. Steam for 10 minutes (I use a bamboo steamer).
  4. Remove a portion to a dish and drizzle with olive oil, grate the cheese atop them, snip some rosemary over them and serve warm.
Leftover Brussels sprouts make great snacks!
.


1 comment:

  1. I ate so many brussel sprouts once (they were on sale for $1.80 for 1 gallon bags) that it gives me digestive problems now...shoot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails